Monday, August 8, 2011

Ohio

It has been a few weeks since my last post. This is mostly due to my trip to Ohio and lack of internet access.  The main purpose of the trip was to celebrate the wedding of my cousin Jim and his new wife Stephanie.  The event was in Cincinnati and was a pseudo reunion for my family.  I also spent a couple of nights at my Aunt's place in Granville and the rest of the time at my Mom's house in Akron.

Overall, it was a great trip and very productive.  I did not take as many pictures as originally planned but did get some interesting shots.  One major disappointment is that my wedding reception pictures did not turn out very well at all.  I knew that this was a risk because I refused to use the on camera flash and do not own an off camera flash.  I attempted to turn the ISO up very high and shoot at the fastest shutter speed possible.  Unfortunately, the shutter speed was not fast enough and the pictures came out blurry, as well as grainy due to the high ISO.  Lesson learned.  I am going to invest in a decent flash and adhere to the Photography Rule of minimum shutter speed.

Below are a few pictures that I liked from before I left for my trip along with some from Ohio.  Thank you for stopping by and take care.

The following shots are from a quick trip to the Stanford museum before I flew home.  I was in an abstract state of mind...

Rachel took this picture of me.  I merged it with another picture of the word "Memory" in Photoshop.

Same technique as above.




The toy camera effect in this picture was achieved completely within camera.  The 60D has several creative filters that I have began to play with.
Very interesting door.
I took this picture from inside a giant sculpture at the museum.




The next set of pictures are from Ohio...

My Aunt Mary Ann standing in front of the Longaberger Basket Building in Newark, OH.



Deer on the Dennison University Campus.











Finally, a picture of Rachel that I took in Italy a few years ago and recently came across...




No comments:

Post a Comment