Monday, March 5, 2012

Rooftops

This past week I have found myself on several rooftops.  The views from the rooftops were familiar if not somewhat mundane.  Most images taken from high above focus on the the surrounding scenery, usually impressive buildings and sweeping landscapes.  Since there are no impressive buildings nor sweeping landscapes in Burlingame or San Mateo, I instead focused on the ordinary and overlooked:  the easily forgotten views of functional rooftop fixtures interspersed with graffiti.  The sky in these images range from overcast, to dusk, to twilight.  All of which I felt added a richness and atmosphere to the images.  Below are my first set of rooftop photographs.  It is my hope to continue to explore the rooftops of northern California and expand on what I think is an interesting and under explored photo opportunity.















No comments:

Post a Comment