Friday, July 8, 2011

Sacramento, Japanese Tea Garden, and a Cemetery

Quick Note: It might be obvious to some, but if you want to enlarge the pictures simply click on them.

This past weekend was spent with my first trip to the state capitol.  Rachel and I stayed the weekend with our good friends Ed and Katie.  It was a great time as expected, even though the temperature was over 100 degrees.  In all honesty, Sacramento is a lot nicer than I imagined it would be.  Some very cool neighborhoods and great restaurants.  I did not take many pictures, but did snap away during dinner preparation by our gracious hosts...

A totally spontaneous show of affection during dinner prep.

Rachel radiating while sitting at the dining room table (notice the Browns colors)

These potatoes are great!

So is this London Broil!

On Wednesday, I stopped by the San Mateo Central Park and checked out the Japanese Tea Garden.  Overall the garden is mediocre, but I did take a couple of pictures that I liked...

Looking down at this Koi fish made me really want to isolate his color on a B/W background.  So that is what I did.

This caught my eye. Really like the color and texture.

On Thursday I visited the Golden Gate National Cemetery in San Bruno.  The size and uniformity are incredible. Below are a few pictures...






Lastly, is a picture of South San Francisco made miniature...



Thank you for taking the time to check out Dirty Thirty Photography.  If you want to see some older pictures please click on my Flickr Photostream at the bottom of the page.  Take care.

2 comments:

  1. Wohoo Sacramento made your blog!! Nice pics, makes me want that dinner again mmmm. I also like your pics of the cemetery and the miniature one. Thanks for visiting us and can't wait to get down to see your area soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good, Devo. Especially loved the pictures of the cemetery. Keep 'em coming.

    ReplyDelete