Thursday, June 30, 2011

Restaurant Reviews and Etc.

Last weekend our good friends Jesse and Rachelle drove up to visit.  It was a great time, spent exploring the City and finding new places to eat and drink.  The main event of the weekend was attending the Pride Festival on Sunday.  This was one of the most unique and outrageous spectacles I have ever seen.  The entire duration of our time there was spent people watching and it was consistently entertaining.  In my opinion, this was the most diverse group of people you will ever see.  There was a mix of gay people,  flamboyantly gay people wearing outrageous costumes, straight people, straight people wearing outrageous costumes, thugs, families, homeless people, naked people, tourists, and one guy that was on stilts and dressed in a furry purple costume who ran back and forth for no discernible reason.  All in all it was well worth attending.  

We also hit up some of the best restaurants that I have eaten at since moving here.  I listed my top three below with links to the websites:

1) Suppenkuche - thanks to Katie and JP we went to my new favorite German restaurant.  It is located in Hayes Valley, and is kind of a mix of hipster bar and old school beer garden.  Huge German beer selection and the food is spot on.

2) Pizza Orgasmica - the beer is above average and the pizza is the best I have had in a hot minute.  The standard Orgasmica is outstanding as well as the Chicken pizzas.

3) Pancho Villa - casual Mexican Restaurant located in the Mission District.  This was our second time there and I expect there will be many more.  Shrimp Burrito with the Orange salsa.

As for pictures... I didn't take any this weekend.  Mostly, because I wanted to be fully engaged with entertaining our guests.  However, the last few days I have been taking pictures in and around my home.  Below are some of the ones I liked best.  Thank you as always and take care.

I took this picture in my pitch black living room at 2am.  I set a very long shutter speed and wrote my name with Rachel's iPod Touch.

Again, using iPod Touch to make light graffiti.

Self Portrait.

Tree along the Sawyer Camp Trail.

Sign bordering the SF Fish and Game Refuge.

Close up of a sign along trail.  It caught my eye because the lettering looks like it was written in blood and flesh.

This made me laugh.

Abandoned Movie Theater near SF Airport.

Construction site.

Construction site with Large Frosty.

No comments:

Post a Comment