Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Mike's Visit...

This past weekend my brother came to visit.  The highlight was probably watching a live performance by the comedy group "Stella" with special guests Paul Rudd and Bobcat Goldthwait.  My brother and I have long been fans of the group since their time on the State, and it was really great to see Michael Ian Black, Michael Showalter, and David Wain perform in person.  The show was at the Mezzanine in the SOMA district.  It was a great venue, but no photography allowed so I don't have any pictorial evidence of the event.  However, I did take my camera and the 50mm around with me as we explored on Saturday.  We started at the Powell Bart station and then ventured through Chinatown, North Beach, Fisherman's Wharf, and ended up in the Marina.  We explored some new places that I had not been previously and of course found some great places to eat and drink.

Below are a few pictures of our travels that day.  Thank you for reading Dirty Thirty Photography and see you next time!

This was the scene when we walked out of the Powell Street Bart station.

It was an anti-abortion march.


There were a lot of people and it was cool for my brother to see a SF protest march because it is kind of a staple here.

However, this has to be the worst protest sign I have ever seen.




We did a tea tasting in Chinatown.  It was free and the tea was fantastic.  Rachel bought some Lychee Black Tea.

I found this funny... this woman is trying to justify a touristy purchase to her husband and he is completely disinterested.





Rachel and Mike.

This place is advertising relaxing massages in the most gaudy and abrasive way possible.



Lobsters at the Fishmarket.

Fisherman's Wharf.



My brother is disgusted with his score at Ms. Pacman.


Rachel is amused, but not very good at Ms. Pacman either (coincidentally I killed it at Ms. Pacman but there is no picture to prove it).

The strangest game in the arcade.


Awkward Face in Chair #1.

Awkward Face in Chair #2.



A standard but good bar we stopped at between Wharf and Marina.

Dinner at Pacific Catch.

No comments:

Post a Comment