Monday, January 9, 2012

Stanford Memorial Church

On Saturday, Rachel and I visited Palo Alto and stopped in the Stanford Memorial Church.  The church is located at the center of Stanford University campus and was dedicated in 1903.  The ornate interior and stained glass reminded me of similar churches back in Akron.  I feel that these style of churches are more common in the East, but are fairly unique on the West coast.

Without a tripod in hand it was necessary to turn up the ISO setting on my camera (the ISO setting determines how sensitive your camera sensor is to light).  While this made it possible to capture decent pictures, it did add a significant amount of graininess to the images at the higher settings.

Also, I was feeling creative with the post-processing so some of the images are intended to be more surreal than natural.  Hope you enjoy and thank you for stopping by!


























No comments:

Post a Comment